ABOUT: The Watts family murders occurred on the early morning of August 13, 2018, in Frederick, Colorado, US. While being interviewed by police, Christopher Lee Watts (born May 16, 1985) admitted to killing his pregnant wife Shan’ann Cathryn Watts (née Rzucek, born January 10, 1984) by strangulation.
Their daughters, four-year-old Bella, and three-year-old Celeste died by asphyxiation due to smothering. Watts then disposed of his daughters’ bodies in oil tanks and buried his wife in a shallow grave at his work-site.
He pleaded guilty on November 6, 2018, to multiple counts of first-degree murder as part of a plea deal when the death penalty was removed from sentencing. He was sentenced to five life sentences without the possibility of parole, three to be served consecutively and two to be served concurrently.
Thank you to CrimeReport.com & DailyMail.co.uk for providing the samples.
Ms. Mozelle Martin, FMHP, FHWE, PhD.
- 35-year International Forensic Handwriting Expert
- Author: What I Learned From Watching CSI
- Contracted Forensic Mental Health Professional for Jails & Prisons
- Creator” The Housecall Analyst forensic book series
- Forensic Consultant since 2007 – FindMeGroup.org
- Forensic Team Member since 2020 – ColdCaseFoundation.org
- Former Forensic Consultant – Criminal Minds TV show
- Media Commentator for ABC, NBC, TruTV, Crime Watch Daily, etc.
- Plantologist, Pianist, Photographer, and Artist