In 2001, my son Cody had an acting agent in Austin, Texas. It was Erin @ http://www.agencetalent.com.
Cody was 10 years old at the time (he’s 28 now) and this is the video that was entered into the SXSW Film Festival in 2001. It’s called “Estella”. Cody is in the yellow t-shirt.
This was a short, independent film for a UT Director named Michael Cintron about a single mother starting over after her husband left her for another woman. She is struggling with her self-esteem and re-entering the workforce.
During the scene at the car lot, I had given Cody a Benadryl for his allergies and he kept falling asleep so it took excessively-long to film that scene. We kept giving him caffeine to try and wake him up, lol.
We lost our original copy of this video so this is filming a film so the quality is bad but it’s the only one we have and it’s better than none.
Also – CAN YOU SEE ME in the bus scene?
Then in 2005, Cody and I were in the feature film called The Quiet. It is a psychological thriller directed by Jamie Babbit and starring Elisha Cuthbert, Camilla Belle, Martin Donovan, and Edie Falco. It focuses on a deaf teenage orphan who is sent to live with her godparents.
Here we are in the basketball scene…
Ms. Mozelle Martin, FMHP, FHWE, Ph.D.
- 35-year International Forensic Handwriting Expert
- Author: What I Learned From Watching CSI
- Contracted Forensic Mental Health Professional for Jails & Prisons
- Creator” The Housecall Analyst forensic book series
- Forensic Consultant since 2007 – FindMeGroup.org
- Forensic Team Member since 2020 – ColdCaseFoundation.org
- Former Forensic Consultant – Criminal Minds TV show
- Media Commentator for ABC, NBC, TruTV, Crime Watch Daily, etc.
- Plantologist, Pianist, Photographer, and Artist