In our most recent forensic training, we learned…
Forensic science was not invented by scientists.
Although its methods are highly scientific, forensic science owes its beginnings to cops who relied heavily on observation and common sense.
Police officers using fingerprints to identify culprits led to forensic science as we know it today. The most impressive advances, such as DNA testing and UV light screening, came into the picture much later, when technology was more advanced.
The practicality of investigators in the past is responsible for modern scientific forensic methods and launched a huge, multi-faceted career field in which there are approximately 40 different sub-fields under the “forensic science” umbrella, including “Forensic Handwriting Analysis”.
Ms. Mozelle Martin, FMHP, FHWE, PhD.
- 35-year International Forensic Handwriting Expert
- Author: What I Learned From Watching CSI
- Contracted Forensic Mental Health Professional for Jails & Prisons
- Creator” The Housecall Analyst forensic book series
- Forensic Consultant since 2007 – FindMeGroup.org
- Forensic Team Member since 2020 – ColdCaseFoundation.org
- Former Forensic Consultant – Criminal Minds TV show
- Media Commentator for ABC, NBC, TruTV, Crime Watch Daily, etc.
- Plantologist, Pianist, Photographer, and Artist